Laws in Arizona are Leaving Bars and Restaurants Exposed!
Have you ever thought to yourself: “I’m covered for that…right?” You might want to think again. Laws in Arizona are leaving bars and restaurants exposed. From liquor liability to food contamination; from data breach to discrimination and assault, restaurants and bars are taking a hit and getting burned. Before you get that dreaded attorney letter, find out what is, (and isn’t!), covered in your insurance policy - it could mean the difference between a $30,000 premium and a $200,000 premium.
David DeLorenzo of Ambassador Group Insurance and Brandi Blair of Jones, Skelton, and Hochuli, P.L.C. join Local First Arizona at The Gladly this month for a two-part informational seminar decoding and demystifying Arizona state laws and the fine lines of your insurance policy.
This seminar will cover:
- Coverage 101: Learn the difference between workers compensation, general liability, liquor liability, and property coverage and what claim falls under which coverage.
- Find out the most common misconceptions clients have about what is really covered in their insurance policy.
- How to properly report claims to your carrier and what steps you need to take when you receive an attorney letter.
- Dangerous trends in coverage that are now becoming a reality, i.e. data breach exposure, employment practices liability, food contamination, and property lease requirements.
- Overview of Arizona liquor law and how it reads.
- How best to protect your establishment and offset potential liability claims that could come up two years later.
Date: Monday, October 24th
Time: 3:00p - 4:30p
Cost: $8 pre-paid, $10 at-the-door
Location: The Gladly: 2201 E Camelback Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85016
More info: Click here
*Open to current Local First members, free to sustaining members. Questions? Contact [email protected]
About our presenters:
David DeLorenzo is the owner of Bar and Restaurant Insurance in Arizona. David has built a reputation in the industry based on the trust that he will always look to serve the best interest of his clients in both insurance price and coverage. David is a silent investor of four restaurants in the Phoenix metro area. David feels that by traveling to these restaurants and getting his hands dirty he better understands the needs of the restaurant industry and thus, his client.
Brandi Blair joined Jones, Skelton & Hochuli in 2008. She concentrates her practice on section 1983 defense, professional liability, wrongful death and personal injury defense, and has a focus on the defense of bars and restaurants. Ms. Blair received her J.D. from the University of Arizona College of Law in 2007, and B.A. degree, summa cum laude, from the University of Arizona in 2005. She is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Arizona. Ms. Blair currently serves as the publications editor for DRI’s Leadership Professionalism and Ethics Committee. Prior to attending college, Ms. Blair served as an Aerial Intelligence Specialist in the United States Army.