Are You Interested In Financial and Ecological Sustainability?
The University of Arizona's College of Agriculture and Life Sciences is exploring opportunities to collaborate with a public or private entity in developing 1 acre of itsCracchiolo DK Ranch in Cornville for the joint purposes of:
- Producing “locally sourced” micro-greens and other produce in a financially and ecologically sustainable manner primarily for sale to restaurants in Yavapai and Coconino counties;
- Supporting education programs delivered by University of Arizona Cooperative Extension and academic units and Yavapai College.
Cracchiolo DK Ranch is at 225 Merritt Ranch Road, Cornville, AZ 86325. In addition to the land, Cracchiolo DK Ranch will contribute up to 4 acre-feet of irrigation water (ground and ditch sources) for the 1-acre development. Other contributions are negotiable.
Two open-house opportunities to examine the ranch property will take from 8 to 11AM on Friday, April 28 and Saturday, May 6.
To this end, the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences is soliciting Letters of Interest from potential collaborators to gauge the levels of interest and characteristics of an attractive collaboration. Based on the input from these letters, the college will expect to release a formal Request for Proposals in summer 2017. That request will include a draft of the facility-use agreement for review.
Letter of Interest
Submission deadline for Letters of Interest is 10 June 2017. The Letter of Interest should include the following information:
- List and brief explanation of facilities and terms that would make the collaboration more attractive as well as less attractive. For example, hoop houses, on-site cold storage or other facilities; and proportional sharing of construction and operational costs and revenues, and other terms.
- Experience with production of “locally sourced” micro-greens and vegetables.
- Experience with marketing micro-greens and vegetables under a sustainable business model.
- Experience with coordinating vegetable-production systems with educational programs.
Please send Letters of Interest via email to Mitch McClaran: [email protected]
A Letter of Interest is not required to submit a full proposal for the collaboration when the Request for Proposals is released in summer 2017.