LFA Business Members, Board Member, Finalists in ATHENA Awards
Every year, the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce hosts the ATHENA Awards, a ceremony to "honor Valley Businesswomen for their excellence in business and leadership, exemplary community service and their support and mentorship of other women. The women honored are very deserving finalists who not only excel in their careers, but make an incredible mark on the community where they live."
We were proud to see many Local First Arizona business members (and a board member!) were honored as finalists for this prestigious award. Congratulations to these amazing women, and thanks for what you do for our community:
- Sheila Kloefkorn, founder, president and CEO, KEO Marketing - private-sector finalist
- Tammy McLeod, vice president and chief customer officer, Arizona Public Service Co. and board member of the Local First Arizona Foundation - private-sector finalist
- Kimberly Hall of Goodwill of Central Arizona - public-sector finalist
- Christy McClendon, New Pathways for Youth President and CEO - public-sector finalist
- Avein Saaty-Tafoya of Adelante Healthcare - public-sector finalist
In 2013, Local First Arizona Director Kimber Lanning was the ATHENA Award winner for the Public Sector Award! You can watch her moving acceptance speech by clicking below:
You can learn more about the ATHENA Awards and register for the awards event by visiting the Phoenix Chamber of Commerce's website.