Engage Localist Membership: New Tool for LFA Business Members
In November 2013, Local First Arizona launched its Localist Membership Program for individuals, and boy have we come a long way! The Localist Program is "your key to the city". Anyone can join for $20/year, and for this they receive a Localist card that they can used throughout the year for exclusive events and opportunities like these. We want our Business Members to know about this important group and to understand how they might be able to get involved, so we have outlined some highlights and FAQ's for the program. FAQ's:
I am interested in having a Localist event at my business to bring in new people. What do I need to do? All you have to do is submit your ideas here and we will be in contact with you to begin brainstorming. Submissions should take about 5 minutes. You can also email Localist Program Coordinator Jenny Strickland at [email protected] with any questions or ideas.
What is a Localist Member and how is it different from the LFA Business Membership? Aimed at engaging individuals who love local businesses and want to be more connected to the Local Movement, the $20/year Localist membership curates unique and behind the scenes experiences and opportunities with Local First Arizona members throughout the state. Localists join by clicking here and we stay in touch with them in a variety of ways (more details below). You can see the Localist event page here, where we post all Localist events and opportunities. It's important to note that the Localist Membership is separate from the LFA Business Membership. This individual membership is a great new tool for LFA Business Members to reach a captive audience with a unique experience at your business; an audience who wants to interact with and get to know Arizona's local business community in a meaningful way.
If I am already a Business Member, can I also join the Localist Membership? Absolutely! Anyone can be a Localist. The two memberships are separate and must be enrolled individually as they are completely different programs. This is a fun way to get to know and support all kinds of locally owned businesses, so kick off your shoes and join us!
Which LFA Members have participated in the Localist Program so far? All About Comics and Books, ARTELPHX, Art Intersection Arizona Distilling Company, Beckett's Table/Southern Rail Bookman's Phoenix and Tucson, Bragg's Factory Diner, Cafe at Phoenix Public Market Clarendon Hotel, Clever Koi, Corral West Cowtown Skateboards, Cup Cafe at Hotel Congress, Desert Botanical Garden, Devoured Food + Wine Classic, Diablo Burger, Fed by Threads, Flashback Antiques, Fox Restaurant Concepts, For The People, Fox Theater, Francis Vintage, Framed Ewe Optical Boutique, Gio Taco, Heard Museum, Hotel Valley Ho, Hub Clothing, Joe's Real BBQ, Joyride Taco House, Liberty Market, Los Compadres, Mama's Hawaiian, Maynard's Market and Kitchen, Nina Mason Pulliam Rio Salado Audubon Center Page Springs Cellars, Phoenix Zoo, Practical Art, San Tan Brewing Company, Proper, Southern AZ Arts & Cultural Alliance, St. Francis, Stinkweeds, The Still, Stockyards Original Steakhouse, Sun Link, Taliesin West, Tovrea Castle, Town of Gilbert, UA Presents, Valley Youth Theater.
What types of offers and events are other businesses offering? Below you will find just a few of the events and offerings we have had so far.
- Advance Ticket Sales/Soft Openings:
- In November 2013, Localists were given the chance to buy Devoured Food + WineClassic tickets two weeks before anyone else! The event went on to sell out in three weeks. - Joyride TacoHouse Phoenix did a pre-opening for Localists; they offered 120 seats to Localists who were able to leave positive social media reviews.
- Exclusive behind the scenes tours:
- Hotel Valley Ho Insider Historic Tour
- Timeless Phoenix Tour of Tovrea Castle, Pueblo Grande Museum, and Stockyards Original Steakhouse.
- Central Phoenix Localist Crawl, including frances, Stinkweeds, Cowtown Skateboards, All About Books and Comics, Practical Art and Hub Clothing, ending with a special happy hour at Joyride Taco House! - Private tour of Arizona Distilling Company's Tempe Distillery - Phoenix Zoo Elephant Event: 12 Localists were given the opportunity to meet the Elephants and handlers-inside the Elephant habitat at the Zoo! - Localist Tour of Downtown Gilbert
"Menu Tastings" and "Chef Meet and Greet" Events: - Diablo Burger and Good Oak Bar Menu Tasting with Owner Derrick Widmarck - Exclusive Menu Tasting with Chef Aaron Chamberlain of St. Francis
- Exclusive Discounts: -Localists have been offered discounts to events like Savor Southern Arizona, Audubon Summer Camps for kids, Plays put on by Valley Youth Theater, Buy-one-get-one dinners from Zuzu of Hotel Valley Ho, Day off Dinners from Clever Koi, and more!
- "Enter to win" deals exclusively for Localists: - Page Springs Tilted Earth Tickets - Tickets to Brew in the Zoo, Ales for Apes - Tickets to AmeriCAN Canned Beer Festival
Have another great idea about what would be great for your business? Let us know here!