Pitch Your Business at Food and Farm Finance Forum
Do you have an innovative idea that needs funding? The Entrepreneurial Showcase offers entrepreneurs the opportunity to share a 5-minute presentation about a promising business or cooperative venture with a forum of financial investors, credit unions, and Slow Money representatives; it thus connects food entrepreneurs and innovators with potential investors and financial advisors. To view examples of the kinds of presentations we seek, please visit: http://www.slowmoney.org/national-gathering/2013/showcase.
We are no longer accepting proposals. We have received several and are evaluating them now. More updates coming.
The Criteria we are looking at:
1. Facilities Does the concept/business already have land, processing space or retail space purchased or designated?
2. Track Record Has concept/business already pilot- produced or marketed any products that have a track record? Does the business have track record ready to distribute (ie: one page of past sales, production, etc; financial documents, etc)?
3. Type of Investment Sought Does concept/business have a business plan and do they really want equity shareholders or low interest loans, or is the concept/business looking for outright donations?
4. Existing Businesses If they are a business that has existed for more than two years, does their expansion or redirection REQUIRE patient or innovative capital solutions that may otherwise be best reserved for true start-ups?
5. Values and Social Embeddedness Does this concept/business have any of the following embedded in the core of its enterprise: - Food justice (including minority or low-income inclusivity) - Climate change adaptation - Land restoration, native foods revival - Food desert solution - Other (please explain)
6. Secondary and Tertiary Job Growth Will their initial development OR expansion help other food or farm businesses in their area by offering synergies, providing processing or distribution infrastructure that will help other microenterprises, or offer spinoff jobs and management opportunities for others in their own communities or in analogous communities?
7. The Pitch Has the concept/business ever pitched its plan before? Will a powerpoint be presented? If not, are there photos or anything else that will be presented at the time of the talk?
If you have submitted a proposal, remember that you must pre-register for either one or both days of the conference to qualify. See www.localfirstaz.com/foodfinanceforum to register. Those selected to participate will be contacted the first week of January with more specific details on preparation.