Walkin' On Main: the Complete Guide to the Verde Valley's Celebration of Historic 89A
Momentum is building as the 9th Annual Walkin' On Main event quickly approaches. Sure to be the best yet, Old Town Cottonwood expects another incredible turnout of people from across the state. With live music, retail and art vendors, local wine and classic cars taking over Main Street, the day is a true celebration of the community, Historic 89A, and the Verde Valley.
Saturday, November 11th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Connect with the official FB event here to stay informed of all the day's activities.
Known to host some of the areas best local talent, Walkin' On Main has confirmed another great line up of musicians for this all-day event:
- 11 AM - 1:30 PM: Keith Okie & Rebel Sol - these Soul Reggae Rockers from Cottonwood, Arizona are incredibly fun, energetic harmonizers and are sure to kick it off right.
- 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM: Big Nick & the Gila Monsters - the BIG blues band out of Phoenix
- 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM: Dave Riley & Bob Corritore & The Juke Joint Blues Band - headlining performance
Bob Corritore is considered among the top traditional blues harmonica players on the scene today. He is the owner of the Rhythm Room in Phoenix and is a Grammy nominated harmonica player and producer.
The stage is centrally located and makes for great entertainment whether you are shopping in the local boutiques, perusing the event vendors, or meandering through the classic car show.
Retail & Art Vendors
Walkin' On Main is a great venue to showcase local and regional art and support some of Arizona's best retail vendors. This year, we have added some new vendors to the long list of participants including Eagle Eye Barrels out of Camp Verde, Brobst Woodworking out of Kingman, and Kay Connor Designs out of Santa Rosa, California to name a few.
We are excited to have complimentary photos available for all attendees with the Step Right Up Photo Booth out of Flagstaff. This retro tear drop trailer with fun costumes, masks, and accessories which help to create a memorable take away for families and friends at the event. This photo booth has been graciously sponsored by Jennifer Griffin, State Farm Agent here in Cottonwood.
Additional Art Vendors include the Mingus Union High School Fine Art students, Elle Valle Artist Association, and Northern Arizona Water Color Society.
Wine Garden Hosted by the Verde Valley Wine Consortium
Award winning Arizona wines will be one of many highlights at the event. The wine garden will be under an open tent for the first time this year, providing a more intimate tasting experience for all. Representing our great state of Arizona will be Arizona Stronghold Vineyards, Burning Tree Cellars, Caduceus Cellars, Merkin Vineyards, Page Spring Cellars, Four Eight Wine Works, Winery 101, Fire Mountain Wines, and Pillsbury Wines. The growing wine industry continues to make it's mark. Walkin' On Main is the perfect venue to come and try fine wine or revisit your favorites.
Main Street Shops, Galleries, Boutiques, & Restaurants
In addition to the incredible event vendors, Old Town Cottonwood is known for its newly reinvigorated downtown. Main Street is home to some unique shopping and retail opportunities for any style. It is also home to a selection of great food, from wood fired pizza, to fresh salads and sandwiches. Old Town has a great menu for any palate. Be sure to visit any of these great locations while in town.
Classic Car Show
Rounding out the event is the Classic Car Show, organized by the Mingus Union Hot Rod Club. This colorful line up of hot rods and collectible cars is one more reason to meander Main Street during the main event. Last year's line up consisted of nearly 80 cars, included low riders, classics, customs, muscle cars, imports and trucks. The show provides participants and event attendees great photo opportunities and a chance for good ol’ fashion car talk.
Do you have a unique car or truck that you want to bring to the show? It's only a $5 entry with the opportunity to win some great prizes.
ARE YOU A LOCALIST?
Take advantage of your Localist membership. Show your Localist card and receive two extra wine tasting tickets in the wine garden, 20% off t-shirts and hats at the Old Town General Store & Tees, and a 10 oz. pour of Wild Tonic with at purchase of $15 or more at Little Moo's Gourmet Market. Notyet a Localist with Local First Arizona? Well, you should be! Find our more here.
Have you made your weekend plans?
Come early and stay late. Walkin' On Main is a one day event from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, November 11th but the Verde Valley has much to offer those making it a long weekend getaway. From hiking, biking and kayaking, to museums, guided ATV tours, authentic western experiences and the Verde Canyon Railroad, there is so much to see and do for you and the whole family.
- Enjoy the fall colors of the Verde Valley and book your tickets for the four hour Verde Canyon Railroad train excursion. More info here.
- Experience the Old West at Blazin' M Ranch for a chuckwagon supper, dinner show and real western town featuring a museum, Old-Tyme photo studio, shooting gallery, ropin’ lessons, tractor pull, saloon and Western shops that line the boardwalk. More info here.
- Take an exhilerating ATV guided tour through the rugged mountains and high desert terrain of the Verde Valley with Arizona Offroad Tours. Known for affordable and unforgettable experiences. More info here.
- Stay, stroll, and enjoy all the great local shops and galleries in Old Town for Second Saturday Art Walk, 5-8 pm.
- The Manheim Gallery & ARC Contemporary Fine Art is open 11 am -4 pm on Saturday and offers fine art, oil and acrylic, ceramics, sculpture and interpretive art unparalleled in northern Arizona.
- Catch a Saturday show at Main Stage Theater, voted best entertainment venue in 2017, Main Stage offers premier music, events, and entertainment every day of the week. Open until 12 a.m. More info here.
- Live music at THAT Brewery on Friday, 5-8 pm and All Day Happy Hour on Sunday
- The Tavern Hotel
- Cottonwood Hotel
- Iron Horse Inn
- The Bottle Tree Inn
- Cottonwood AZ Pines
- Verde Valley Inn
Thank you to the local Edward Jones Office, City of Cottonwood, Verde Valley Wine Consortium, Cottonwood Old Town Association, Jennifer Griffin, State Farm Insurance Agent, and Local First Arizona.