Flagstaff Local Food Week Offers Tasty Opportunities
Flagstaff Foodlink is a non-profit focused on cultivating and celebrating the local food system in the community. In conjunction with their mission, they have created a tasty event to support local food producers, the Flagstaff community, and supporters of their sustainable initiatives. For the week of October 23-29th, diners can eat at participating restaurants and a portion of proceeds will go to support Flagstaff Foodlink’s programs, including the launch of Grower Grants in 2017. The Grower Grants will provide funds to area growers to expand their food growing operations.
Many of the restaurants participating in Flagstaff Local Food Week are also Local First Arizona members! Let’s take a closer look. (You can also find them on Good Food Finder! It is an awesome tool to find the best food Arizona has to offer as you travel the Grand Canyon State.)
- Coppa Cafe - Coppa Cafe has been leading the charge in innovative and tasty uses of local food. From locally sourced meat, to lobster mushrooms plucked from our very own peaks, to smashing pine needles in butter to make some of the tastiest bread spread you have ever had - Coppa continues to come up with surprising and delicious offerings.
- Criollo - Criollo’s tacos have become a Flagstaff happy hour staple. They also have tamales featuring local vegetables and sustainably sourced meat. Try a Bloody Mary or their seasonal margaritas for happy hour. The churros and chocolate are a southwestern treat not to be missed.
- Brix - Flagstaff fine dining with local flair. Brix has an assortment of wines to compliment your meal. From soup to salad to dessert, you will leave a satisfied customer. American cuisine that is seasonal and farm focused.
- Proper features generous, tasty sandwiches and deli meat to take home. They have an assortment of deli offerings and their knowledgeable staff will share advice and information with you. Truly a community butcher shop!
- SoSoBa - They are called the non-stop noodle shop because they just don’t stop bringing amazing flavor. From fried mac n cheese balls, to noodle bowls, to everything salads made with local ingredients, SoSoBa is tasty and informal dining with something for everyone.
- Toasted Owl - Recently emerged as a hot brunch destination in Flagstaff. They have pastries of every variety as well as egg dishes, pancakes, and more. Mimosas and Bloody Marys are available at great prices.
- Root Public House - South of tracks, this is one of Flagstaff’s hottest new spots. Try their craft cocktails, locally sourced dishes (the gnocchi is to die for), and take in view from their amazing roof top patio.
- FLG Terroir Wine Bar and Bistro - Features seasonal small plates with delicious wine pairings. They also offer hand crafted desserts sure to please any palate.
This event makes it easy to support Flagstaff Foodlink while also having a lovely meal or snack. Take this as an opportunity to meet with friends and try a new place. Give to charity and feed yourself a nourishing meal all in one satisfying sitting!