Credit Union West Honored as Air Force Credit Union of the Year
Serving military members and veterans is foundational to Credit Union West, which was established in 1951 as Luke Federal Credit Union and founded on Luke Air Force Base (AFB).
The tradition of serving the military continues today, earning them the distinction of being named the Air Force Credit Union of the Year in 2018, the highest possible award for an on-Base financial institution.
Credit Union West is known for its financial education initiatives and support for non-profit military and veteran organizations like Soldier’s Best Friend, the Veteran Success Project and Cell Phones for Soldiers. Some of the various ways that they support Luke AFB include:
· Bi-weekly personal finance classes for new airmen arriving at Luke AFB
· Monthly participation in welcoming new comers to Luke AFB
· Annual support of the Air Force’s nationwide financial initiative, Military Saves Week
· Aiding in quarterly and annual recognition for outstanding personnel on Luke AFB
· Credit Score Enhancement education that helps airmen build or establish credit
· Offers products to support the foreign military members who train at Luke AFB
· Offers Co-Op Shared Branching to assist military who have other credit union accounts.
“On behalf of all of us at Credit Union West, we humbly accept this award and thank the Luke AFB community for recognizing us,” said MacGregor.
Learn more about these programs and initiatives, as well as other supported military and veteran organizations at www.cuwest.org.
Air Force Credit Union of the Year Award is based on asset class size by USAF Installation Commander recommendations to the Secretary of the Air Force.
About Credit Union West
Credit Union West was founded in 1951 and is an award-winning financial cooperative. Well positioned for the future, Credit Union West has earned the highest 5-Star rating from Financial, Inc., the nation’s leading credit union and bank rating and research firm, who has been analyzing and rating financial institutions since 1983. Today it serves over 65,000 members with more than $650 million in assets. The credit union’s core principles have guided its decisions, which in turn has ensured integrity and trusted member service. Membership is open to anyone who lives, works or worships in Maricopa or Yavapai County and family members of current members. Federally insured by the NCUA. Learn more at www.cuwest.org.