5 Sweet Gifts for your Honey Pie on Valentine's Day
We wanted to put together our list of local foods for your last minute gifts for your sweethearts. Use this a guide but we want to you to get inspired by the foods and treats being made right here into town. There are so many choices, this is just a few. Have something specific you're looking for? Check out our Good Food Finder.
Take a look at what we're thinking for our honeys (photos are arranged clockwise from top):
1. Spiced, Not-Spicy Hot Cocoa Mix ($14 for 10 ounces): Our friend Minerva Orduño Rincón of Muñeca Mexicana Handcrafed Foods has recently concocted this sweet spiced cocoa that makes a cup of cocoa even better.
2. PB Americano is a new Phoenix-based company serving the greater good by dedicating themselves to offering outstanding flavored peanut butter while working toward extreme poverty reduction. Check out their Facebook page for more info about their mission. Their simple flavors sound perfect for a piece of toast, slice of apple or straight off a spoon: white chocolate, dark chocolate, cinnamon honey, and Classic Americano.
3. Tombstone Candy is offering this awesomely titled "I Love You to Death" heart-shaped, chocolate dipped, white chocolate cherry fudge in a coffin box ($10). Find them at the Central Farmer's Market and other vendors with Valentine's specials this Saturday morning.
4. Wei of Love chocolates (24 pieces for $30): They have a spicy component with added cayenne. Wei of Chocolate just oozes sensuality with their organic and fair trade chocolates that are infused with "vibrational essences of flowers and gems to chocolate. Flower essences are without scent or flavor; they are energetic infusions, similar to homeopathy, that work on the subtle energetic system of the body through the acupuncture meridians. The results are gentle state-of-mind enhancing effects – more joy, peace, clarity and happiness." We'll sign up for that.
5. Our not-chocolate pick: Double Check Ranch Dinner Tickets ($85+/ticket) would be a lovely gesture that includes a bit of adventure and something to look forward to the following month on Saturday, March 16, 2013 from 2:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Double Check Ranch is one of our Good Food Allies clients and we're helping them put together this farm dinner featuring a 6 course meal prepared by Chef John Hall of the Bianco Group, live music, a farm tour and wine pairings.