Who’s Who of Talented Arizona Chefs: Live Cooking Show, November 27, on Arizona PBS
Love to cook? Imagine sharing your passion for food with eight of the Southwest’s most recognized and talented chefs! Host Barbara Fenzl does just that in Eight’s Centennial Cooking Celebration airing on Tuesday, November 27 at 7 p.m. on Eight, Arizona PBS. During this two-hour special, viewers join Fenzl, noted cookbook author and culinary teacher, as she invites each chef on stage before a live studio audience to prepare a scrumptious, signature dish. The culinary cast, a who’s-who of chefs known throughout Arizona, includes the following masters sharing one of their best-loved recipes:
- Chris Bianco, Pizzeria Bianco (Phoenix) – Roasted Eggplant Parmigiana
- Kevin Binkley, Binkley’s (Carefree) – Halibut en Papillote
- Silvana Esparza, Barrio Café (Phoenix) – Chiles en Nogada
- Nobuo Fukuda, Nobuo at Teeter House (Phoenix) – Cured Salmon with Basil Oil and Soy-Glazed Almonds
- Joe Johnston, Joe’s Real BBQ (Gilbert) – Joe’s Real St. Louis Cut Spare Ribs
- Matt McTigue, El Tovar (Grand Canyon) – Pan Seared Salmon Tostada
- Amanda Stine, Garland’s Oak Creek Lodge (Sedona) – Rack of Lamb with Coriander Crust
- Mark Tarbell, Tarbell’s (Phoenix) – Tar’s Scotch Beef with Red Wine Gravy
Drawing inspiration from the Arizona Centennial-themed cookbook 100 Years, 100 Chefs, 100 Recipes, the new locally produced Eight program pays tribute to the rich history of cuisine in Arizona. Viewers will come away with a better understanding of how people have perceived and prepared food in the Southwest over the past century by watching and listening to chefs featured on the show.
Make sure to tune in to PBS on November 27 at 7pm to catch all of the good cooking from these great Arizona chefs!