Join Local First Arizona and Devour Phoenix for the launch of our Guest Chef Series. We've asked some of your favorite chefs from across the state to partner up, paired them with local wineries, and tasked them with creating a dinner experience that showcases Arizona's talent.
Chef David Smith of Flagstaff's Root Public House joins the Southern Rail kitchen in central Phoenix, creating the menu with Chef Owner Justin Beckett. Guests will enjoy five courses, expertly paired with Arizona wines from Dos Cabezas WineWorks and Sand Reckoner Vineyards.
- Reception Passed Appetizers:: smoked trout, spring pea cornbread cake, lemon tomato jam; “bird in a biscuit”, cola brined fried chicken, buttermilk biscuit, cajun slaw; butter bean hummus, pickled jalapeno, micro red Russian kale
- Course 1: local baby carrots, goat cheese vinaigrette, fermented garlic, kohlrabi sprouts
- Course 2: shrimp and grits, benton's ham, roasted corn, pot liqueur, tomato, pea tendrils
- Course 3: smoked pork short ribs, cider roasted brussels sprouts, caramelized onion cream
- Course 4: red velvet cake bites, beignets bites, banana pudding tartlets, nutella chocolate bars
Wine pairings to be released.
Tickets must be purchased in advance; seating is limited. Cost is $79 (plus fees) for five-course meal and wine pairings.
SAVE THE DATE!
Make sure to join Chef Justin Beckett in Flagstaff at Root Public House on June 22nd. More details will be released soon.