The Arizona Farmer+Chef Connection is the state's only event of its kind. It is a one-stop shop for wholesale food buyers to find new local sources.
The industry-focused event is aimed at building wholesale food networks at the local level. The cornerstone of the event is the Suppliers’ Marketplace, a vendor fair exclusively featuring Arizona food producers and distributors. Buyers will meet local purveyors of quality dairy, meats, produce, baked goods and other value-added products, and much more! Complementing the event is an end of day reception featuring Arizona food, beer, wine, and spirits.
Who should attend:
- Arizona Farmers and Food Producers prepared to transact at a wholesale level
- Chefs, Restaurant Owners and Management
- Hotels and Catering Businesses
- Hospitals, Senior and Human Service Institutions, Health and Wellness Centers
- Education and Government Food Service Procurement
- Any entrepreneur, food service professional, or member of the public that is dedicated to building a better community, environment and economy through local food supply chains
NEW THIS YEAR
- Now held on Monday to better suit food and hospitality industries
- Returning to Tucson in celebration of its recent designation as North America’s first UNESCO City of Gastronomy
- The Marketplace will be the sole focus for the first time this year, featuring an all-new design that showcases Arizona’s diversity in farming and food production.
We encourage those interested in furthering their knowledge of Arizona’s food system to attend the Arizona Living Economy Forum, complementing the event with exploratory and educational workshops positioned the day before on Sunday September 11th, 2016. More information at https://www.facebook.com/ArizonaLivingEconomy/.
- Over 400 people attended
- Roughly 200 attendees represented farmers and food producers
- 8 food categories featured
- 50% of attendees in 2015 were buyers, representing purchasers of all sizes and types (Pizzeria Bianco, Binkley's Restaurant Group, Mama's Hawaiian Bar-B-Cue, Shamrock Foods, Costco, Fry's Grocery Stores, Panda Express and more
For more information, please visit localfirstazfoundation.org/azfarmerchef