Become informed. Become an advocate.
Become involved to make the Arizona we want!
Volunteer with us as an Ambassador to Local First Arizona (ALFA)! We call our volunteers “ALFAs” (Ambassadors of Local First Arizona) because they are dedicated to our mission of creating unique, diverse communities and a more sustainable, resilient economy for everyone!
At Local First Arizona, volunteers are one of the most powerful ways to help us mobilize local communities across the state. The time and passion dedicated from our volunteers aid in supporting our work while creating dynamic ways to empower individuals to ‘go local’!
Are you ready to become an ALFA?
- Are you at least 18 years old?
- Are you enthusiastic to learn more about LFA’s mission and work in the community?
- Are able to commit to scheduled volunteer times?
- Are you able to stand, sit or be mobile for long periods (varies on event/task)?
- Do you have experience with volunteering/working with groups (preferred)?
- Are you bilingual? (a plus but not required)
- Do you have a love for all things local?
To get started: Register for our next volunteer orientation!
- Go behind the scenes - Assist us with monthly mailings, data entry, and more at our downtown office
- Share our award-winning Small Wonders maps - Deliver to hotels, visitor centers, local businesses and more
- Attend events with us - Empower communities to join the local movement and educate individuals about the impact their dollars make when they support local businesses!
- Share the local message online - Facebooking, tweeting, instagramming, pinning – you name it, we’re on it! Follow us:
- Celebrating Arizona with our year-round forums and festivals, like the Certified Local Fall Festival, Devour Culinary Classic, Arizona Rural Policy Forum, and more.
Attend a Volunteer Orientation
For more information on volunteering with Local First Arizona please contact our volunteer team at firstname.lastname@example.org.