Halloween is a special time of year in Arizona when the weather has finally cooled off and we gather with friends in ridiculous costumes and eat way to many sweet things. No matter how you plan to celebrate this year, remember to shift your Halloween spending to local businesses!
RELATED: VISIT OUR HALLOWEEN HEADQUARTERS
Shifting just 10% of your regular Halloween spending to a local business means a big impact for your local community. For example, when you support your local costume retailer, you're supporting a business that is rooted in the community, not one that pops up for 30 days just to siphon money out of Arizona. Plus, up to four times more money will stay in the local economy when you choose local, meaning greater local job growth and prosperous communities.
Look for ways to go local for Halloween? Here are our top 5:
1. Buy your costume from a local costume or vintage shop
Don't be the person that shows up with the same mass-produced costume as someone else, visit a local costume shop to really stand out. Or stop by a vintage store for some especially unique costume ideas. Making your own costume? Be sure to hit up your local arts & crafts store.
2. Get your treats locally
Halloween is a great time in Arizona, as the weather is perfect and there are events galore. Click here for our Local Arizona Halloween Events Calendar for 2016!
4. Go local with your own Halloween party
Throwing your own Halloween bash? Here's your "Go-ulish Local Halloween Party" checklist:
- Pick up local brews for your guests to enjoy.
- Visit a local store for Halloween decorations.
- Hire a local caterer for some devilishly delicious bites.
- Planning the event of the season? Hire a local event planner to take your party to the next level.
5. Pick up a locally-grown pumpkin for carving
Have the freshest jack-o-lantern on your street by picking up an Arizona-grown pumpkin!
How are you going local for Halloween? Tweet us and let us know!