About the Festival
This signature Verde Valley event features the finest Arizona wineries, breweries, spirits, and restaurants that are committed to creating homegrown products. A local showcase, the event includes live music from Arizona bands, a blind taste-testing run by the Verde Valley Wine Consortium, art produced by Made in Clarkdale artists, and a raffle to benefit Made in Clarkdale.
The festival is open to General Admission attendees from 1 PM-5 PM. Tickets for the Verde Valley Wine Festival are now on sale through Friday, May 12, 2017 or until sold out.
V.I.P. attendees may attend an 11:00 AM mini-viticulture workshop with Arizona wine industry experts and winemakers, Kent Callaghan (Callaghan Vineyards) and Todd Bostock (Dos Cabezas WineWorks) and a welcome toast with Winemaker, Viticulturist, and Event Host, Maynard James Keenan (Caduceus Cellars and Merkin Vineyards). This will be followed by a V.I.P. early hour of sampling in the festival from 12 PM - 1 PM.
An upgraded Platinum VIP ticket includes an exclusive four course dinner, wine tasting, and live music on Friday, May 12 at the Merkin Vineyards Tasting Room & Osteria in Old Town Cottonwood, Arizona.
The 2017 Winery Lineup
- Four Eight Wineworks (Clarkdale, AZ)
- Bodega Pierce / Saeculum Cellars (Clarkdale, AZ)
- Burning Tree Cellars (Cottonwood, AZ)
- Caduceus Cellars (Jerome, AZ)
- Callaghan Vineyards (Sonoita, AZ)
- Chateau Tumbleweed (Clarkdale, AZ)
- Dos Cabezas Wineworks (Sonoita, AZ)
- Fire Mountain Wines (Cottonwood, AZ)
- Hidden Hand (Cottonwood, AZ)
- Merkin Vineyards (Cottonwood, AZ)
- Oddity Wine Collective (Clarkdale, AZ)
- Passion Cellars (Willcox, AZ)
- Sand Reckoner Vineyards (Willcox, AZ)
- Southwest Wine Center (Clarkdale, AZ)
Culinary and Libation Participants
- Merkin Vineyards Tasting Room & Osteria (Cottonwood, AZ)
- [POPPED] Artisan Popcorn (Tucson, AZ)
- Boathouse Bar & Grill (Clarkdale, AZ)
- Charlotte's Gourmet Fudge (Clarkdale, AZ)
- Wil's Grill (Flagstaff, AZ)
- Three Wells Distilling Company (Tucson, AZ)
- Roger Clyne's Mexican Moonshine Tequila (Tempe, AZ)
- O.H.S.O. Brewery & Distillery (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Freak'N Brewing Company (Peoria, AZ)
- Verde Valley Olive Oil Traders (Cottonwood, AZ)
- Oak Creek Apple Company (Sedona, AZ)
Restaurants, Fine Food, Beer, and Distillery Vendors Can Still Apply
Restaurants, Breweries, Distilleries and Fine Food Purveyors are encouraged to apply for the event ASAP as spaces are limited and are on a first come/first serve basis. Applications are now available at VerdeValleyWineFestival.com.
Please Note: Applications for wineries are closed at this time. More Restaurants, Breweries, Spirits and Fine Food Purveyors will be announced on March 1, 2017.
As advocates of sustainability, Local First Arizona commends the Town of Clarkdale for their commitment to keeping the Verde Valley Wine Festival green by reducing plastic water bottle use during the event. To reduce their impact, the Town of Clarkdale sponsors a water station, providing attendees fresh water in reusable water bottles that attendees can keep and take home.
Planning your trip? Here's a local visitors guide:
CLARKDALE (Click here for all Local Listings)
- Arizona Copper Art Museum
- Clarkdale Kayak Company
- Tuzigoot National Monument
- Clarkdale Historical Society
- Verde Canyon Railroad
Agape Mountain View B&B
The Arizona Lighthouse
Blue Heron Guest House
- Clarkdale Lodge
- Kat's Valley View Inn
- Mescal Canyon Retreat
- Rain Spirit RV Park
LOCAL FAVORITES: RESTAURANTS, WINERIES, & BARS
- The Bottle Tree Inn
- AZ Pines Motel
- Verde Valley Inn
Event Details to Share
When: Saturday, May 13, 2017 and Sunday, May 14, 2017
Time: 1 PM – 5 PM, General Admission.
V.I.P. Experience: Viticulture Workshop & Welcome Toast from 11:00 AM-12:00 PM and Early Admission for V.I.P. Ticket-holders at 12:00 PM-1:00 PM.
Where: Clarkdale Town Park in Historic Clarkdale, Arizona
Cost: General Admission: $35 for one day or $55 for two days | VIP: $125 & Platinum VIP: $185. There may be limited day-of-event sales for $45/General Admission at the door if the event is not sold out.
Phone: (928) 649-2007
Event Hashtags: #VVWF #ArizonaWine
About the Event Partners
Four Eight Wineworks: Wine-makers cooperative, incubator, passion vortex, and metaphorical leg-up. Ground zero for the infinite possibilities and paths each of our individual tenants will manifest. Founded in 2013, Four Eight Wineworks intends to keep vintner talent in Arizona by providing the resources needed for high quality production.
Made In Clarkdale inspires, educates, energize, and facilitate the arts for all ages; bringing joy and prosperity to our greater community. Made in Clarkdale is a non-profit organization that serves as a venue to display the creative talents of the residents, college students, and workers of Clarkdale in all forms of art. Established in 1986, MIC has been a home to the community’s creative expression and community spirit, in Clarkdale and the Verde Valley.