Does your Arizona home need an upgrade but you don’t know where to start?
Remodeling can be overwhelming – so we have 7 tips on how to remodel in an affordable way that will also support your local business owners!
- Shop Around – In addition to looking at that label, make sure to check multiple retailers. It is a huge misconception that big corporate stores always offer lower prices. Small local stores often spend more time hand picking their products and making sure each and every product is of the highest quality and the most affordable price. Do the research before making assumptions.
- Local Plants Live Longer – If you still aren’t sold on shopping local for your home refresh consider this: the tree you buy from a local nursery was born and raised there. The local tree knows how to handle the Phoenix heat and won’t wilt under the pressure of impressing its new yard. It is almost guaranteed that the local nursery plants will have been handled and transported less than the trees at a national chain. If you buy a rose bush that grew up across the country, it may look beautiful for the first week before it finds out that your backyard isn’t climate controlled. Find local landscaping businesses.
- Go For Energy And $$ Saving Options! – When you check out your local home stores be sure to look for eco-friendly options. Double pane windows never go out of season. They save you money on cooling and heating your home by making it better insulated. They are stylish and practical. You really can’t go wrong. Find local businesses that specialize in all things window and glass.
- Know When To Hire A Contractor – You love to do things yourself but you don’t want to end up in a DIY disaster that may cost you more money in the long run. Hire a local contractor for the big jobs to make sure that the job is done right. They can also give you the personalized attention that you won’t get if you hire a contractor affiliated with a national chain, because they’ll be invested as retaining you as a future customer. Find local businesses that specialize in all types of remodeling.
- Donate Old Materials And Items – Did you know that you can reduce waste and avoid the extra labor of hauling away old items by donating them? For example, Stardust Building Supplies [directory link] offers a free demo service when you donate your used cabinets and appliances. For other household items like couches you can call up almost any local thrift shop [directory link] and they would be happy to take them off of your hands. Check out local businesses that love to recycle.
- Hire A Local Designer – Did you know that the average cost of a kitchen remodel is $20,000? Well to make sure everything turns out just right, for a small fee you can hire a skilled designer who will make sure that your home looks like it stepped out of Arizona Foothills magazine. Most designers study the trade at a four-year university, and will be able to offer you options that will last a decade so you won’t be spending money on a remodel only a few years down the road. Which makes hiring a designer a pretty good deal. Find local interior design businesses.
When you shop local, remodeling your home doesn't have to break the bank and you will get a result you love. Find more local businesses to fulfill your Home and Garden needs.