Want to be a better steward of the environment? Our Independents Week campaign which runs from June 25 – July 4, can help you find goods and services from independent businesses that can help you achieve a greener lifestyle. Here are some members that are accepting the Golden Coupon, good for 20% off purchases. Restrictions may apply, so be sure to contact the businesses to find out how they are honoring the discount.Personal Care: Mass produced soaps and lotions can contain chemicals that aren’t the best for your skin. Try some of these local companies that focus on natural ingredients.
- Arizona Handmade Soaps, Online Store Peoria based handmade skin-care products. Handmade soap, solid lotion sticks, bath bombs, emulsified sugar scrubs, beard oil & balms, body butters, tub teas and more. We use Shea butter in all our products because of it's skin-loving properties
- FlowerSong Soap, Online Store Small batch handcrafted cold process soap that gently cleanses without stripping or stressing skin. Cold process method retains moisturizing glycerin and rich emollients. All vegetable oil recipe - palm oil, olive oil, coconut oil, and cocoa butter.
- Golden Hive, Flagstaff and Online Store We are a small family business located in northern Arizona. At the Golden Hive our main goal is to provide quality all natural bee products. We choose organic raw natural ingredients for all our body care and beauty products.
- Holistic Earth Remedies, Online Store Our best sellers are Herbal Muscle Mist, for more than just aches & Pains, and Organic Face Wash with Arizona honey.
Silver Lining Goods, Online Store Keep your skin healthy and happy! All local, handcrafted and homemade in my kitchen: organic soaps, all natural deodorants, lip balms and more. Desert soaps including our best-selling Creosote Bush rain in the desert soap, plus ceramic soap dishes to keep your natural soap from getting mushy.
- SimplyMadeByRo, Online Store We specialize in small batch handcrafted soaps, skin care products, bath and body luxuries. Our products are petroleum free, paraben free and pesticide free. We often use our home-grown botanicals and high quality essential oils, extracts and blends to make our gentle safe body care products.
- Slather Lotions, Online Store Natural, high quality & organic ingredients, hand-blended with love. Holistic face, body & hair care. Products based on the power of plants, skin chemistry & aromatherapy benefits of scent. We believe what is INSIDE a product is more important than fancy packaging on the outside.
- Spa Essentials by Lola, Online Store, use code ShopLocal for discount As a professionally trained aromatherapist, I utilize my training to help others use essential oils safely and create special products for families focusing on natural aromatherapy based skincare. The spa and bath items I offer are of the highest quality, well priced, and without any of the unnecessary chemicals.
- Strawberry Hedgehog, Online Store Luxurious and beautiful organic oils soaps, plus a full line of fabulous facial care and pampering spa-quality body products. We pride ourselves on small batches, high quality ingredients, and no animal byproducts, testing, or synthetic fragrances, parabens, or chemical fillers.
- Studio 11 Soaps, Online Store, use code GOLDENCOUPON2016 for discount Handmade natural cold process soaps and spa products. Creating high-quality, eco-friendly products in downtown Phoenix since 2002.
- Udderly Natural Products, Online Store We only use whole, pasteurized milk, high end oils (not lard or commercial cooking oils) and make soap the old fashioned way, letting our soap cure for a minimum of 6 weeks! Our lotions follow the same strict guidelines as our soap.
Restaurants: Forty percent of the food produced in the United States ends up in the landfill, so supporting these dining establishments that compost their food waste will help you have a greener meal.
- Community Cuisine, Phoenix Tasty, healthy, organic vegetarian food for all people.
- Cutting Board Bakery & Café, Mesa Creative menu of plant-based vegetarian and vegan whole food cuisine featuring organic and locally sourced fruits and vegetables, along with fresh juices, gourmet coffees, house-made breads, and freshly baked pastries.
- House of Tricks, Tempe Serving lunch, dinner and private parties in two turn-of-the-century homes and tree covered patios. Outdoor bar featuring extensive wine list, including over 30 wines by the glass.
- Mother Bunch Brewing, Phoenix We are dedicated to the fine art of craft brewing. Our menu will delight even the biggest foodie in your group. You will find your Mother Bunch experience to be sophisticated, but not complicated!
- Pizza People Pub, Phoenix Our signature pizza dough is made from scratch from our secret family recipe, hand tossed and made to order then baked in our stone deck ovens. You can also enjoy wings, burgers, salads and other pub fare, including gluten-free and vegan options.
- Urban Beans, Phoenix Independent coffee shop utilizing fresh, local, independent suppliers, offering an art filled atmosphere, with clean, cool modernist lines. We serve the finest locally roasted coffees, organic teas, sweets and savories in an eclectic and soothing atmosphere.
Clean Green: These cleaning companies help you improve your eco-footprint by offering natural cleaning products.
- Eco Mama Green Clean, Metro Phoenix Eco Mama Green Clean has found that using green cleaning products is the best choice for homes with babies, children and pets. For people with environmental sensitivities and various allergies, green is the safest way to clean. Residential, Remodel Clean Up, Small Business.
- Honest Maids, Metro Phoenix
We provide detailed house cleaning services for our valued clients in Phoenix and surrounding cities. We offer 100+ point cleaning service compared to 50 by the competition. Our services significant lower than the franchise competition; all while using green, natural and organic options at no extra charge.
Resale: Purchasing items that have been previously used keeps them out of the landfill and conserves resources that would have gone into making new items.
- A Second Look, Phoenix Find that perfect something in our huge inventory of consignment clothing, accessories, jewelry, and housewares. We have over 25,000 consignors and thousands of items in our inventory. We also carry a truly impressive selection of jewelry, watches, sunglasses, and hair and beauty products.
- C&S Sporting Goods, Phoenix We are a family owned and operated, new and used sporting goods and fitness equipment store. We have a huge selection of fitness equipment and just about anything you are in need of for your sports enthusiast.
- Furniture Affair, Phoenix Twenty six year old Furniture Affair consists of fine furnishings and accessories from previous relationships. This includes model home furniture; designer showrooms and unique items resurrected from their shady past.....modern to vintage, choosy to cheap, cutting edge to over the edge.
- Luv To Save Thrift Store, Phoenix Luv to Save is a thrift shop run by Boxer Luv Rescue which rescues homeless Boxers in need, providing shelter and medical care while they wait to be adopted. Stop by to see our ever-changing inventory of clothing, housewares, tools, furniture, bedding and more. Funds raised go directly to the dogs in our rescue.
- Sweet Repeats Children’s Resale, Tucson Sweet Repeats offers a great selection of trendy clothes, shoes, baby equipment, accessories, toys, games and maternity clothes that are all in excellent condition. We add fresh items to our shelves daily, so our inventory is always changing.
- WHEAT Clothes Silo, Phoenix
The Clothes Silo provides the smart shopper with great values in gently used and new designer, casual and professional wear for women. Each piece is just $5. The dollars raised through your purchases help WHEAT provide free, professional clothing to women in need.
Miscellaneous: Check out these different ways to go green.
- A&E Recycled Granite, Tucson We divert scrap from the countertop fabrication industry from local landfills and recycle it into split stone tiles, pavers and more. Our products contain no VOC's and are LEED qualifying. Bring the beauty of natural granite into your house while keeping tons of granite from Tucson and Phoenix landfills.
- EcoTrack Fleet Management , Tucson EcoTrack Fleet Management is the leading asset tracking supplier, specializing in real-time decision-making tools for businesses with any size fleet. We help reduce fuel costs, increase vehicle life, reduce idling and reduce carbon footprint.
- Green Living Magazine Green Living magazine is dedicated to educating, empowering and inspiring our readership to get involved in the movement to save our planet. Green Living wants to reach everyone in the state and serve as true stewards of the planet with our print publication, website and growing social media and events presence.
- Pop Cycle, Tucson We make decorator items featuring vintage imagery of the Southwest and beyond. We have recycled goods from all over the U.S. including wall hangings made from old cabinet doors, purses and apparel made from vintage fabrics and clothing, bags and wallets made from billboard vinyl and more.
- SunHarvest Solar, Phoenix SunHarvest Solar is a local, independent, sustainable solar contractor. We are altruistic, ethical, progressive advocates for green energy. We provide complete commercial and residential Solar PV integration.
- Sun Sprout, Tucson Sun Sprout is a local eco-friendly cloth diaper service using high quality natural fabric cloth diaper rental, greatly reducing land fill use with an eco-friendly and sanitary laundry process and efficient delivery that will contribute to the health of babies and ease family expenses.
- Through the Closet Door, Phoenix Personal stylist, personal shopper and wardrobe consultant for women. I focus on reuse and restyling of what you already own, as well as shopping at local, secondhand stores and sustainable, ethical and environmentally conscious designers and brands.
- Zoolikins, Scottsdale Zoolikins offers parents a variety of natural baby products from cloth diapers, baby carriers, organic layette and wooden toys. Our experienced staff can help you understand products, see and touch with a deep selection of options.