This post guest written by LFA intern, Julie Carmody Visiting the Tucson Gem, Mineral, and Fossil Showcase? Bringing in over 55,000 visitors within two weeks, the Gem Show draws large international crowds into Tucson’s downtown area every year. This is a great opportunity for visitors and residents alike to check out some of Tucson's most unique local businesses. Grab one of the Tucson Small Wonders maps to discover Tucson’s popular hot spots. The pocket sized purple maps are available at all the gem show information hubs and show the new SunLink streetcar route through downtown. SunGo passes for the streetcar can be purchased in several downtown locations.
For this year's Gem Show, many area merchants have special offers for customers who show thier SunGo pass. Now is the time to simplify your transportation and take advantage of the special deals included with the SunGo streetcar and bus pass! Try out the new Sun Link streetcar for easy transportation through the heart of Tucson’s Downtown, 4th Avenue, and University areas. Purchase a pass (which can be used for the Sun Link streetcar as well as the Sun Tran bus system) and automatically gain access to exclusive deals and discounts to some of the hottest local restaurants, bars, and shops, all located along the popular new streetcar’s route. Packed with special offers at unique bars, cafes, and eateries, the deals offer something for everyone. With the new Sun Link streetcar, transportation for Gem Show guests is now more convenient than ever before. Change your Gem Show experience this year and see what Tucson has to offer! Check here for the complete list of discounts and more information about the SunGo pass.
Some of the great SunGo discounts offered by local businesses include:
- Antigone Books, Gifts & Cards 411 N. 4th Ave. 20% off. Excludes other promotions
- Borderlands Brewery 119 E. Toole Ave. $4 draft pints
- Brooklyn Pizza 534 N 4th Ave $10.99 Cheese Pizza
- Chocolate Iguana 500 N 4th Ave. #1, 15% Off sandwich or salad menu.
- Delectables Restaurant &Catering 533 N. Fourth Ave. Buy one Entrée of at least $10 value get one ½ off
- Fed By Threads 345 E Congress St, unit 145 10% Off
- Food Conspiracy 412 N 4th Ave Buy one Conspiracy Kitchen sandwich or prepared salad, get a second item of equal or lesser value for ½ off
- Hub 266 E. Congress St. $3 - 4oz ice cream at HUB (max of 2 deals per card per visit)
- Krikawa Jewelry Designs 21 E Congress St. Free stone setting with purchase of mounting!
- La Cocina Restaurant 201 N. Court Ave. $1.00 Off any beer in The Dusty Monk(includes fountain drinks)
- Maker House 283 N. Stone Avenue. $5 Cheese Pizzas, $4 Craft Pints, $3 Bottles, $2 off Wine, $1 PBR
- Mast 100 S Avenida Del Convento, 10% Off
- Perri Jewelers 13 N Stone Ave, 50% Off watch battery installation. Limit 2
- Playground 278 E. Congress St. $3 well drinks at Playground (max 4 deals per card per visit).
- The Coronet 402 E 9th St. Buy one cocktail get one ½ Off (one per cardholder per visit)
- The Fix 943 E. University Blvd. #115 Buy one get one 1/2 Off any entrée
[Tweet "Discounts at #local #downtown #tucson businesses for #tucsongemshow visitors w/ #sungo pass @LFATucson http://bit.ly/1CsTG9j"]