Several months ago, we posted that your action was needed to pass the Marketplace Fairness Act out of the U.S. Senate. Because of your actions, we were successful as the Marketplace Fairness Act received broad, bipartisan support to move on in the legislative process. Thanks for contacting Arizona Senators John McCain and Jeff Flake to let them know how important it is to you as a business owner or consumer that we create an equal playing field for all retailers, both brick and mortar and online sellers. However, our work isn't over yet. As time passes and the Marketplace Fairness Act sits in the House of Representatives, your action is needed again once more. We need you to contact your Representative and tell him or her: we cannot wait any longer for an equal playing field, the time to act is now!
Here is what we all need to do today:
- Invite your Congressperson to your business. Call their local office and ask to speak with their schedule to schedule a visit to your local business. Invite other local business owners to attend to explain to your Congressperson why we need the Marketplace Fairness Act now.
- Attend a public event hosted by your Congressperson. The House of Representatives is in recess right now as Representatives return to their district for several weeks to meet with constituents and talk about the issues. It is the perfect time to talk with your Congressperson face to face and tell him or her that we need the Marketplace Fairness Act. Use the contact information below to find your Congressperson's local office, call that office and ask to attend the next public event.
- Call your Representative and tell them we need the Marketplace Fairness Act now. Call either their Washington office or a local office to voice your opinion. Tell them you are a local business owner or consumer and that you cannot afford to wait any longer for action.
- Email your Representative. Use the "Send an Email" links below to make sure your opinion is registered with your Congressperson.
- Educate yourself about the Marketplace Fairness Act. Visit www.marketplacefairness.org to find all the information you need to know about the Act and why it is so important for small business owners and our local communities.
Talking amongst ourselves about the current injustices will not change the current laws, our Representatives must hear from us immediately. Use the following information to contact your Congressperson today: