New Years – the magical time of year when we all pledge to erase our mistakes of the past and get our lives moving in the right direction. And while some of our resolutions may not make it to the month of February, we at Local First Arizona hope that you take our mission to heart and pledge to support the locally owned businesses in your community for all 365 days of 2011. Here are some tips to go local in the new decade.
- Use the Local First Arizona directory! Hair salons, auto shops, real estate, entertainment, business services – you name it, you can find it on our website!
- Pledge to Shift 10%! Change your spending habits and shift 10% of your spending from a national chain to a locally owned business. Whether it’s a grocery store, bank, pharmacy or service based industry, a small shift on your part can make a big impact! Visit the Shift Arizona website to take the pledge in your city.
- Check out the many locally owned gyms, yoga studios and personal trainers on the LFA website.
- Enjoy the Arizona outdoors! Check out hiking trails and travel guides from Arizona Highways.
- Quitting bad habits can be done locally, with some help from the pros!
- Check out holistic and naturopathic ideas to feel great.
- Nutritionists and weight loss programs can help get your diet on track.
- Find restaurants that specialize in organic foods, vegetarian options and local farmers markets.
Organizing your life?
- View LFA members that can help you get your life together.
Fine tuning your finances?
- Get out of debt and plan for the future with a little help from financial advisors.
- Enjoy happy hours, meals and coffee breaks with your friends and family at unique spots.
- Concerts, museums, plays and performing arts are great options for a night out on the town.
- If traveling out of state, do a bit of research to find locally owned hotels, restaurants and services.