Mission: Promoting the growth of civic engagement and pride around thoughtful, sustainable, walkable, and inclusive infill development in the Phoenix metro area, with a particular focus on the Phoenix, Tempe and Mesa urban cores.
Join our bimonthly newsletter and stay up to date on relevant urban policy news and events in Phoenix.
For(u)m is a membership based program of Local First Arizona dedicated to furthering diverse, context-sensitive and responsible development through infill, adaptive reuse, preservation, and redevelopment. The program serves as an information exchange that organizes and informs development professionals focused on urban infill projects, advocating for a balanced dialog between residents, city government, and business stakeholders.
For(u)m will inform members with access to critical figures in the planning and development realm in order to educate and raise awareness of the urgency on these issues, and to increase coordinated and expedited response times from the development community. Communication will be through a digital newsletter, social media, and optional social and informational gatherings.
Potential topics in the exchange include:
- Pending development projects, both residential and commercial
- Transportation issues
- Neighborhood initiatives
- Reactive anti-development policies
- Context-sensitive parking requirements for walkable access
- Adaptive reuse and mixed-use streamlining and preservation
- Land use issues
- City-issued RFPs
- Emerging trends and market opportunities
- Creative development strategies and solutions
- Innovative projects in other markets
- Historic preservation
- New zoning and code requirements
- Alternative financing vehicles and lenders
- Transit-Oriented Development
- Tax incentives
For(u)m exists to better develop an attractive, healthy, vibrant, and sustainable city that is socially, economically, and culturally diverse, and environmentally sustainable for the next 100 years and beyond. The information exchange serves to inform, educate, organize and motivate the responsible development community and to promote accountable, thoughtful development that is creative and legacy-minded, with the following purposes in mind:
- To provide or establish a counter voice to the vocal minority that opposes infill development, adaptive reuse, mass transit, reduced parking requirements or other forms of urbanization.
- To facilitate the growth of a local, place-based economy.
- To encourage context-sensitive development, placemaking, local economies, arts and culture, vibrant urban centers, and multi-modal transportation.
The group shall be governed by an advisory council that must vote on new members based on specific criteria, which is to be determined by the founding council.
Members must be Arizona-owned companies working in the development industry and must be
nominated by a founding council member.
Members must be actively engaged in urban infill-oriented projects that are context-sensitive and community-minded, exhibiting high quality design, and architectural character.
JOIN LFA FOR(U)M
Dues and Membership
For(u)m membership is designed for businesses working in the built environment devoted to smart growth, and producing inclusive, sustainable, thoughtful, and community-centric infill and adaptive reuse projects. All For(u)m members gain:
- Connection to values-aligned professionals
- Access to a supportive constituency that includes fast responders who create a more balanced dialogue with city officials
- Access to information gleaned with daily monitoring of issues and projects relevant to the local development profession
- Shared industry insights on topics such as TOD, historic preservation, tax credits and alternative financing strategies.
Membership is subject to approval by the LFA For(u)m Advisory Council.
- $1,000-$5,000 per year, based on company size
- Blog feature on new projects
- Annual blog profile on company
- Logo on LFA For(u)m landing page
- Badge on Local First directory listing
- Up to 4 tickets per month to For(u)m events (10 events per year, $10 per person per ticket value)
- $295 per year
- Listing on For(u)m affiliate directory page
- Badge on Local First directory listing
- Up to 2 tickets per month to For(u)m events (10 events per year, $10 per person per ticket value)
Interested in learning more? Reach out to our staff with any questions.