For local businesses, collaboration with one another is a key component to a successful and thriving business and economy. We take this idea to heart by frequently partnering with other organizations across the state to advocate on behalf of supporting local businesses.
2015 Key Partnerships
- Collaborated with Visit Tucson and City of Tucson to make 7,000 Small Wonders maps available at Gem Show visitor’s welcome stations - LFA staff also volunteered as “downtown docents” handing maps out at gem show transit stations and making local business recommendations
- Partnered with the Downtown Tucson Merchants Association to launch the Downtown Tucson Gift Card, one gift card for 70+ local downtown businesses
- Worked with Valley Metro to promote businesses along light rail construction areas in Phoenix and Mesa
- LFA was a key participant along with the Franciscan Renewal Center, Sierra Club, Citizens' Climate Lobby, Arizona Interfaith Power and Light, City of Phoenix, ASU and other environmental organizations to produce the event: Act on Climate Change Arizona: Our Moral Obligation
- Collaborated with Keep Phoenix Beautiful to offer a recycling information session to LFA business coalition members
- Partnered with Univision to feature 24 Fuerza Local Business Accelerator graduates on evening news during Buy Local Month 'Compra Local!'
- Worked with the Downtown Flagstaff Business Alliance to co-produce events to bring consumers into local businesses like Shop, Rock & Roll
- Brought on local media partners like Friends of Community Radio Stations to highlight local businesses in the community
- LFA staff sits on the boards of the Verde Valley Arts Council, the Old Town Cottonwood Association, the Verde Valley Agriculture Coalition, and the Yavapai County Food Planning Committee
- Each of these organizations works to build vibrant communities and local economies throughout the Verde Valley through their work in the arts, event planning, and access to healthy local foods