Certified Local Fall Festival
Our 11th Annual Certified Local Fall Festival was the biggest yet with an expanded beverage garden, many vendors, and an estimated 12,000 attendees. Families enjoyed various activities brought by local business vendors, including face painting, a bounce house, lawn games, a musical instrument petting zoo, and much more. The event brought the community out to connect with each other and with local business owners from around the state.
Studies show that when citizens feel more connected to their community, home, and place, those communities see higher incidents of civic engagement and social philanthropy. Furthermore, a recent Knight Foundation study which shows “connection to place” as the single-most leading indicator in places that have prosperity. The Certified Local Fall Festival is one way Local First Arizona is helping Arizonans feel more connected to this state and inspiring them to be proud to call Arizona home.
This year Local First Arizona was able to implement a ‘Toward Zero Waste’ plan which diverted a total of 58% of all waste from the landfill. LFA recycled 1,100 pounds of material with the City of Phoenix and 442 pounds of food and paper waste with composting partners, Recycled City.
2015 By The Numbers
- 100+ local vendors consisting of restaurants, food trucks, retailers, services and non-profits
- 26 breweries, wineries, and distilleries in the Hensley Beverage Garden
- 500 free gift bags given away
- 141 donated items from Local First AZ members for the raffle
- 148 donated items from Local First AZ members for the silent auction
- 55 new & renewing Localist memberships sold
- 442 pounds of compostable waste diverted away from the landfill
- Nearly 1,100 pounds of recyclable material diverted away from the landfill
What Does An Event This Size Take To Implement?
- A passionate Local First Arizona team
- 121 Local First Arizona volunteers dedicating over 425 hours of service
- 37 generous title, community, activity and media sponsors
- A supportive community that is proud to call Arizona home