Awards & Milestones
Local First Arizona is incredibly appreciative for the recognition we received in 2015. These awards not only serve as acknowledgement for our work advocating on behalf of local businesses, but are a testament to the important role our work plays in the overall success of Arizona’s local economy. We share these awards with everyone who has joined us over the last year and beyond to create a strong and vibrant future for Arizona.
- LFA Foundation was recognized a Local Hero by Edible Phoenix
- Devoured Culinary Classic was a named finalist for Best Culinary Festival by the Foodist Awards
- LFA Foundation named 1 of 116 organizations to watch by Food Tank: The Food Think Tank
- Society of Chairs Award (Economic Development) awarded to Kimber Lanning by National Bank of Arizona
- Kimber Lanning named one of 50 Legendary Leaders in Arizona by the Phoenix Business Journal
- LFA surpassed 20 employees statewide
- LFA Foundation relaunches Good Food Finder AZ
- LFA Foundation won a record number of grants in 2015: $300,000 in total from: Freeport McMoRan Foundation, Yelp Foundation, Steele Foundation, Phoenix Community Development Investment Corporation, City of Phoenix, Marley Foundation and the U.S. Department of Agriculture.